Christmas at the Cathedral
(all Masses will be livestreamed)
Christmas Eve December 24: 2pm, 4pm, 6pm, 8pm, 10pm*
*10pm Mass will be celebrated by Archbishop Lori
Christmas Day December 25: 8am, 10am, 12noon
Tickets will be required for all Masses. You can register for tickets here beginning December 4. Please register one family per pew. As a reminder we have 72 pews available per Mass and each pew holds 4-5 family members. Spots may fill up quickly so don’t hesitate. You will receive a confirmation email with your electronic ticket(s). You may either print your ticket(s) out or bring them up on your smartphone to be scanned at the main entrance of the church. All tickets will be checked and scanned before entry to the church is allowed. You must register for tickets no later than December 23 at 12pm.
If your plans change please contact the Parish Office at 410-464-4000 so we may cancel your registration to allow the opportunity for others to sign up.
If you have any difficulty registering please call the Parish Office at 410-464-4000 or email Glenn Osborne at [email protected]
What to Expect
- Take your temperature before arriving. Please do not come if you have a fever or feel sick in any way.
- The church will not open until 20 minutes before the beginning of each Mass. If you arrive any earlier you will have to remain outside.
- A mask must be worn at all times when you are on the Cathedral campus.
- You may only enter the church through the main front doors. The side doors will be for exiting only after Mass has ended.
- Once your ticket has been scanned please go directly to a pew. Please do not congregate or stand in the aisles. Pews not available for seating will be marked accordingly with signage.
- There will be no standing room. Everyone must be seated in a pew.
- Congregational singing is not allowed.
- There will be no sign of peace.
- Holy Communion will be distributed during the regular time, before the final prayer and blessing. Please follow the directions of the ushers and return to your pew after receiving Communion.
- Once Mass has ended please exit the church as we need to allow enough time to clean before the next Mass.
- Offertory baskets will be at each exit to make your Christmas gift.
- Family photos may be taken outside, not inside the church. The Nativity scene in the St. Joseph Chapel will be available for viewing and photos from December 7 to December 23 and December 26 through January 4. Christmas photos in the sanctuary area can be taken between December 26 and January 4.