Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: April 29, 2022
Dear Cathedral Parishioners,
Spring is a busy time for parishes as celebrations like Confirmation Masses, First Holy Communions, and school graduations are on the horizon. That is certainly the case for us here at the Cathedral parish and school. This Sunday, Bishop Bruce Lewandowski will confirm 55 of our youth. We congratulate them and pray for them as they take this significant step in their spiritual lives.
Relics of St. Bernadette
Thanks to the Order of the Knights and Dames of Malta, the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen is privileged to host the traveling relics of St. Bernadette from May 13th-15th. The Cathedral is the only location in the Mid-Atlantic states that will host the relics. Please join us for Mass and outdoor candlelit procession with Archbishop William E. Lori on Saturday, May 14th at 5:00 PM. There will also be opportunities for confession, anointing, devotional prayers, and veneration of the relics.
More information and the entire schedule may be found on our website: www.cathedralofmary.org
Mass & Adoration Location in May
For the month of May, daily 7:00 AM and 5:30 PM Masses and Eucharistic Adoration will be held in the Lady Chapel. 8:15 AM School Masses will continue to take place in the main church.
Mother’s Day Novena Mass Cards
Mass cards are now available on the tables in the Cathedral as well as at the Parish Center.
If you are picking up a card(s) from the church, please complete and return the small envelope with your donation to the office or simply place it in the collection basket at Mass. If you are picking up a card(s) from the Parish Center, we will complete the envelope at that time.
The envelopes will be placed on the altar from May 8-16. The customary donation is $10.00 per card.
The annual Cardinal Cup is back in person this year and will be held on Saturday, April 30th at 8:00 AM in front of the School. Every year, the School of the Cathedral hosts the Cardinal Cup run and walk to support Mother Seton Academy (MSA). Net proceeds and 100% of sponsorship donations go directly to MSA. With more than 500 participants in 2019, the Cardinal Cup not only raised much-needed funds for Mother Seton Academy but created a sense of shared community and fellowship for everyone involved. Please sign up at: www.schoolofthecathedral.org.
Walk for Life for Pregnancy Center North
On Saturday, May 14, the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen will host Pregnancy Center North’s 5th annual Walk for Life. PCN, a pro-life pregnancy center located in Towson, MD, is celebrating 40 years of service to women and babies in the Baltimore area. Register to walk as the 'Cathedral Team': www.cathedralofmary.org Even if you can’t join us in person, you can still donate on the event page to show your support. For more information, please contact our church champion, Lisa Kantz, at [email protected]
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
Welcome to The Next Ten! Every weekend, we'll include a list with what's happening in the next ten days at Cathedral. For more details, call the Parish Center (410-464-4000) or visit our website (www.cathedralofmary.org).
The Next Ten:
- 4/30 – Cardinal Cup – The School of the Cathedral – 8 AM
- 5/1 – Confirmation Mass – 3 PM
- 5/2 – Paul & His Letters: Fr. Bill Burton – Parish Center – 7 PM
- 5/4 – First Communion Practice – 6:30 PM
- 5/5 – The Chosen Watch Party: Season 2 – Parish Center – 7 PM
- 5/6 – First Friday Adoration – Lady Chapel – 7:30 AM - 5:15 PM
- 5/7 – Men of Mary Our Queen Bike Ride – NCR Trail – 7-9 AM
- 5/8 – First Communion Masses – 10 AM and 12 PM
- 5/9 – Paul & His Letters: Fr. Bill Burton – Parish Center – 7 PM
- 5/11– Evening of Praise Holy Hour – 7 PM
Giving Report: Last weekend, offertory was $4,947.11. Poor Box donations were $161.71. Online giving in March totaled $50,521.37. Thank you for your generosity!
Find out more information in how to enroll in Online Giving below.
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
So far we have raised $212,496 which is 85% of our goal.
This year instead of our parish only receiving a portion of funds raised for the Appeal for Catholic Ministries, Cathedral will keep 100% of all donations up to $250,000. Any funds raised over our goal will support the many important ministries of the appeal.
The funds will go towards several projects that will benefit the entire Cathedral campus. For more details please visit our website. Thank you for your generous support!
St Bernadette Relic Tour: May 12-15
From April to August 2022, the relics of Saint Bernadette will tour the United States for the first time, bringing the grace of Lourdes to parishes across the country. The Cathedral of Mary Our Queen will host her relics on Thursday, May 12 - Sunday, May 15.
"The Covid Pandemic has cancelled our last two Pilgrimages [led by the Order of Malta]. Since we can’t travel again this year, we are bringing the Lourdes Pilgrimage to the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen... Everyone is welcome to participate in venerating the Relics, participating in the Masses, Confession, Procession and Anointing of the Sick. This is an opportunity to obtain a Plenary Indulgence."
On Saturday, May 14th, the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen will be hosting Pregnancy Center North’s (PCN) 5th annual Walk for Life.
What is Pregnancy Center North?
PCN, a pro-life pregnancy center located in Towson, MD, is celebrating 40 years of service to women and babies in the Baltimore area! With your help, PCN can continue to offer FREE life-affirming services, such as pregnancy tests, ultrasounds and material assistance, to women facing unexpected pregnancies. Many other local churches will be joining CMOQ as we Walk for Life!
Even if you can’t join us in person, you can still donate on the event page to show your support. For more information, please contact our church champion, Lisa Kantz, at [email protected]
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Lisa Kantz.