Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: December 31, 2021
Dear Cathedral Parishioners,
I pray that you are all having a wonderful and blessed Christmas season filled with many graces and favors from God. I realize that not everyone was able to spend time with their families because of the pandemic that is still wreaking havoc, but I hope that this Christmas was still a memorable time of much peace and love between family and friends.
I am deeply grateful for all who assisted at our Christmas Masses and who made it all possible in many ways: our liturgical ministers (servers, extraordinary ministers of Holy Communion, & lectors), sacristans, ushers, those who decorated the cathedral so beautifully, and especially our musicians who helped us raise our minds and hearts to God. The entire Cathedral community is grateful for all of you.
This weekend we celebrate the great feast of the Epiphany of the Lord. Epiphany means ‘manifestation’ and it initially referred to the first and final comings of Jesus. As we celebrate the feast when God revealed Himself to the Magi and, therefore, to the world, we recognize that God is continually manifested among us, through our prayer, the sacraments, and through others. May we make the daily effort to manifest, through our words and actions, our Lord to all whom we encounter.
Traditionally, the Feast of the Epiphany is the day when the priests of the Cathedral host our annual Open House in the cathedral rectory. In light of the spike in Covid-19 cases, I am sorry to say that we are cancelling this year’s Open House on January 2nd. I pray that everyone stays safe and healthy. However, please join us for Mass on the Solemnity of the Epiphany on Sunday, January 2nd and for the Feast of the Baptism of the Lord on Sunday, January 9th.
May this New Year be one of many blessings and graces from God for you and your families, and I pray that it brings all of you health, happiness, and holiness.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
Welcome to The Next Ten! Every weekend, we'll include a list with what's happening in the next ten days at Cathedral. For more details, call the Parish Center (410-464-4000) or visit our website (www.cathedralofmary.org).
The Next Ten:
- 01/01 – Solemnity of Mary, the Holy Mother of God
- Vigil Mass – Friday, December 31 – 5:30 PM
- New Year's Day Mass – 8:15 AM
- 01/01 – Saturday Devotions – 7 AM
- 01/02 – Rectory Open House CANCELLED
- 01/05 – Evening of Praise RESCHEDULED to 01/12
- 01/07 – First Friday Adoration – 7:30 AM-5:15 PM
- 01/09 – First Year Connect Night – 7-8:30 PM
Giving Report: Last weekend, offertory was $3,533.00. Poor Box donations were $494.87. Online giving in November totaled $53,069.95. Thank you for your generosity!
Find out more information in how to enroll in Online Giving below.
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
Please consider donating to our Christmas Collection. To support our Christmas Collection please click the photo or visit cathedralofmary.org/give
Pope Francis invites the whole Church to question itself on synodality:
a decisive theme for the life and mission of the Church.
Join Cathedral's Parish Synod Listening session on one of the four listening sessions in January 2022. Prayer, pizza, and fellowship will occur 1 hour before the listening sessions.
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Lisa Kantz.