Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: January 13, 2023
Dear Cathedral Family,
I am happy to announce the newest member of the Cathedral parish staff: Christopher “Topher” Russo has taken on the responsibility of Director or Operations. Topher will oversee every aspect of our facilities and finances. Topher is a son of the Cathedral parish, attended the School of the Cathedral, and has been a life-long member. He has a great love for Cathedral and is totally committed to making it the best it can be. Topher has endless energy, many ideas of how to improve both the campus and operations, and has certainly hit the ground running. We welcome his presence and enthusiasm.
Wednesday 6:00 PM Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Due to a consistent lack of adorers for the 6:00 PM hour of adoration on Wednesdays, beginning next week, we will no longer offer Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament after the 5:30 PM Mass. We will still offer adoration Monday through Friday at 4:30 PM and on First Fridays. Thank you for your understanding.
Loaves and Fishes
Our Loaves & Fishes ministry returns on Sunday, January 22nd. If you would like to volunteer to assemble care bags for the homeless, we gather at 2:00 PM in the parish center. Please sign up here if interested: bit.ly/Loaves23
Catholic 301 has begun again. Father Gough is leading January’s classes and discussions. Please be sure to catch up or sign up for future sessions here: bit.ly/Catholic301
March for Life
The annual national March for Life will be held on Friday, January 20th. One might wonder why, with the overturning of Roe v. Wade, there is still a March for Life. The necessary work to build a Culture of Life in the United States is not finished. Rather, it is focused differently with more of an effort on state-run marches. The goal of the national March for Life is not only to change laws at the state and federal level, but also to change the culture into one that supports life in all its stages. If you wish to participate in the national March for Life, please sign up here: www.marchforlife.org/national-march-for-life/.
The Maryland March for Life will be held on Monday, February 27, 2023 at 5:00 PM in Annapolis. The starting location is St. Mary’s Catholic Church. If you wish to register to participate in our local march, please sign up here: www.mdmarchforlife.com/2023-march-for-life-rsvp.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
MLK Day is observed on Monday, January 16th. Since it is a federal holiday, we will offer only one Mass at 8:15 AM. There will be no afternoon confessions or adoration that day and the parish center will be closed.
If you have the time, we would appreciate your participation in this survey to gain a better sense of who watches our livestream and why. This data will assist the Cathedral staff in making decisions about the frequency of our live-streamed Masses. Thank you for your help.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
Welcome to The Next Ten! Every weekend, we'll include a list with what's happening in the next ten days at Cathedral. For more details, call the Parish Center (410-464-4000) or visit our website (www.cathedralofmary.org).
The Next Ten:
- 1/14 – Catholic 301– 9-10:30 AM – Parish Center
- 1/16 – Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Parish Center Closed8:15 AM Mass only
- No Confessions or Adoration
- 1/19 – No 8:15 AM Mass (School Liturgy)
- 1/19 – RCIA – 7 PM – Parish Center
- 1/21 – Catholic 301 – 9-10:30 AM – Parish Center
- 1/22 – Loaves & Fishes – 2 PM – Parish Center
- 1/26 – RCIA – 7 PM – Parish Center
- 1/27 – Mass for the Sick – 5:30 PM
This week, the 2nd collection is for the Heating Fund.
Next week, the 2nd collection is for the Preservation Trust.
Thank you for your generosity!
Find out more information in how to enroll in Online Giving below.
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect, at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Isabella Marcelino.