Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: January 20, 2023
Dear Cathedral Family,
March for Life
The national March for Life is taking place today, Friday, January 20th. Please pray for the success of the event, that many more hearts will be open to recognizing the dignity of life and that our culture will embrace every life, from conception to natural death.
I invite you to consider participating in the Maryland March for Life, which will be held on February 27, 2023. Life issues will be at the forefront of this year’s legislative session, with physician-assisted suicide most likely being introduced. Please visit the website for more information and to register here: https://www.mdmarchforlife.com.
Solemn Choral Evensong
Please join us on Wednesday, January 25th at 7:00 PM for Solemn Choral Evensong on the feast of The Conversion of Saint Paul. This prayer service (part of the Liturgy of the Hours) will be led by members of the Ordinariate of the Chair of St. Peter, with Archbishop William Lori as homilist.
The Ordinariate of the Chair of Saint Peter is equivalent to a diocese and was created by the Vatican in 2012 for people who were formed in the Anglican tradition but wish to become Roman Catholic. Parishes and communities in the Ordinariate are fully Roman Catholic but retain elements of Anglican traditions in their liturgy. Evensong is one of those traditions. There are 40 Ordinariate parishes in the United States and Canada, with three of those parishes located right here in the Archdiocese of Baltimore: Mount Calvary in downtown Baltimore, Christ the King in Towson, and St. Timothy in Sykesville.
The Cathedral of Mary Our Queen is happy to host this evening of beautiful music and prayer.
Last year we changed our practice of automatically mailing tax letters to all parishioners who contributed to the Cathedral to sending letters only to those who specifically request them. If you would like to receive a tax letter, please contact Justin Rachuba at either (410) 464-4053 or at [email protected]
Catholic 301, led by Fathers Justin Gough and Brendan Fitzgerald, continues studying the theology of Joseph Ratzinger and Hans Urs von Balthasar with the spring’s theme being the Church: what is the Church at its essence, where does the Church come from, how is the Church structured, and what does the Church believe? Registration is needed to receive class communication. Please register here: https://ecclesiachristi.substack.com/p/catholic-301-schedule-and-registration.
Also, please look out for announcements regarding Season 3 of The Chosen and the next Cathedral Colloquium series.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
Welcome to The Next Ten! Every weekend, we'll include a list with what's happening in the next ten days at Cathedral. For more details, call the Parish Center (410-464-4000) or visit our website (www.cathedralofmary.org).
The Next Ten:
- 1/21 – Catholic 301 – 9-10:30 AM – Parish Center
- 1/22 – Loaves & Fishes – 2 PM – Parish Center
- 1/26 – RCIA – 7 PM – Parish Center
- 1/27 – Mass for the Sick – 5:30 PM
- 1/28-2/03 – Catholic Schools Week
- 1/28 – Catholic 301 – 9-10:30 AM – Parish Center
- 1/28 – Cathedral Library & Gift Shop – Open 10 AM-2 PM
- 1/29 – Family Faith Formation – 10:45 AM – School
- 1/31 – Cathedral Library & Gift Shop – Open 10 AM-2 PM
- 2/02 – RCIA – 7 PM – Parish Center
- 2/03 – First Friday Adoration – Church
- 2/04 – Confirmation Retreat – Msgr O'Dwyer Retreat House
- 2/04 – Cathedral Library & Gift Shop – Open 10 AM-2 PM
This weekend, the 2nd collection is for the Preservation Trust.
Next weekend, there is no 2nd collection.
Thank you for your generosity!
Find out more information in how to enroll in Online Giving below.
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect, at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Isabella Marcelino.