Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: July 2, 2021
Dear Cathedral Parishioners,
How happy and blessed I am to be the new Rector of the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen. As many of you know, the Cathedral parish was my first assignment as a newly-ordained priest from 2005-2009. The Cathedral parish and school have always held a special place in my heart, and I am overjoyed to be able to serve all of you once again.
I want to thank Monsignor Rick Woy and Father Kevin Ewing for the love, dedication, and priestly solicitude they showed to this community. Let us pray for them as they transition to their new roles in priestly ministry. I am grateful also to Archbishop Lori for the past seven years of mentorship as I served as his Priest Secretary. I have learned so much from him working by his side, and I appreciate the confidence he has in me to lead this unique parish.
Of course, I cannot do any of this alone. I look forward to working with the dedicated Deacons and staff of both the parish and school. To help me with this, I have Father Justin Gough, our new Associate Pastor. Father Gough is a native of Baltimore, studied in Rome, and was ordained to the priesthood last year. He just completed his fifth year of theology and very much looks forward to serving the Cathedral community. I am overjoyed to have him here with me.
I would also like to introduce Julie Grace Males, our new Director of Music. Julie Grace will continue in the role she has had for the last five years as Director of the Office of Worship for the Archdiocese of Baltimore, while taking on the responsibilities of liturgical music for Archdiocesan Masses and liturgies, as well as the music program at the Cathedral. I am grateful to Glenn Osborne for the six years he gave to the Cathedral. We wish Glenn and his family all the best and many blessings from God as they embark on a new chapter of their lives.
There is a lot of change here at the Cathedral, and that is not always easy. Father Gough and I are delighted to be part of this parish and school family and to serve you in any way we are able. Please never hesitate to contact us with any need you might have.
May God bless you abundantly.
Father Louis A. Bianco
The Next Ten:
What's happening in the next ten days at Cathedral. Click on the events below to learn more.
- Saturday, 7/3 - Saturday Devotions
- Monday, 7/5 - Parish Center closed and no 5:30 p.m. Mass
- Saturday, 7/10 after 5 p.m. Mass and Sunday, 7/11 after all Masses - Marriage Vow Renewal
Last weekend, offertory was $4,268.00, and poor box giving was $193.00. Online giving in May totaled $55,848.50. Thank you for your generosity!
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect, via our PayPal link, at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500), here via Paypal, or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Mass Intentions available here.
- Candle offerings available here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Beth Mayr.