Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: July 29, 2022
Dear Cathedral Parishioners,
We know from scripture that the most important things we can do for our beloved deceased is to pray and offer sacrifices for them to aid their souls to heaven. I am pleased that many parishioners here at the Cathedral request Masses to be offered for their deceased and living loved ones. We have multiple openings for Mass intentions for the month of August. If you have intentions that you want offered at Mass, please contact Sherri at the Parish Center at (410) 464-4000 or visit us in person Monday through Thursday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM. The customary offering for a Mass is $10. Offerings may be made by using exact change or check only. Mass intentions are scheduled on a first come, first served basis.
The Archdiocese of Baltimore’s Office of Vocations is hosting a Walking Pilgrimage to pray for priests on the feast of St. John Vianney, Friday, August 5th from 5:00-8:00 AM. It will begin from the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen and end at the Basilica of the Assumption. Mass will be offered after the walk at the Basilica at 7:30 AM. This is a 4.7 mile walk, and there will be a shuttle bus available to transport participants back to the Cathedral.
We are blessed to have dedicated altar servers here at the Cathedral who love to serve the Mass. There are some weekends when we have up to seven servers participating at a particular Mass. From August 1st to the 5th, Father Gough and Kaitlyn Griffin will hold an altar serving camp for our current servers to reinforce their serving skills and train them in new ones. While this camp is for current servers, we are always looking for more altar servers. If you have a son or daughter who would like to begin serving, please let us know so that we can set up training sessions for them. Altar serving is a great way for your child to learn more about the Mass and to stay connected to the Church and to his/her faith.
Save the date and please join us on Sunday, August 29 for our annual Summer Splash with Grace United Methodist Church from 12 PM to 3 PM with water slides, kona ice, and food trucks. Kids of all ages are invited. This is a great way to get to know more of the Cathedral community and to spend time with our neighbors from across the street. We encourage new families and parishioners to attend, as it is a great way to connect with the community as the school year begins. You can sign up on our website or here: bit.ly/SPLASH2022
Donations are not required, but highly encouraged to help defray the cost.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
Welcome to The Next Ten! Every weekend, we'll include a list with what's happening in the next ten days at Cathedral. For more details, call the Parish Center (410-464-4000) or visit our website (www.cathedralofmary.org).
The Next Ten:
- 7/29 – Parish Center Closed – Summer Hours
- 7/30 – Catholic 301: Spirit of the Liturgy – 9-10:30 AM – Parish Center
- 8/1 - 8/5 – Altar Server Camp
- 8/3 – Eucharistic Adoration – 4:30-5:30 PM & 6-7 PM
- 8/5 – Parish Center Closed – Summer Hours
Giving Report: Last weekend, offertory totaled $4,094. Poor Box donations were $478.00. Online giving in June totaled $50,772.75.
Find out more information in how to enroll in Online Giving below.
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
So far we have raised $230,725, which is 92% of our goal.
This year instead of our parish only receiving a portion of funds raised for the Appeal for Catholic Ministries, Cathedral will keep 100% of all donations up to $250,000. Any funds raised over our goal will support the many important ministries of the appeal.
The funds will go towards several projects that will benefit the entire Cathedral campus. For more details please visit our website. Thank you for your generous support!
Save the date and please join us on Sunday, August 29! We will be hosting the Summer Splash with Grace United Methodist from 12 PM to 3 PM with water slides, kona ice, and food trucks. Kids of all ages are invited.
Donations are not required, but are highly encouraged to help defray the cost.
We are excited to announce that our Family Faith Formation (FFF) is returning this fall. FFF is offered for children in Kindergarten-8th grade not enrolled in a Catholic school. ALL FFF families need to register for the next year of formation.
In addition, the second graders who will be preparing for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion need to register for the FFF and First Holy Communion and First Penance programs separately.
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Lisa Kantz.