Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: July 30, 2021
Dear Cathedral Parishioners,
The coronavirus pandemic has been one of the most stressful and painful occurrences in our lives. Everyone has been affected in some way by the virus, some more so than others. During the worst of it, we saw the loss of life on a daily basis, people were shut in their homes afraid to go anywhere for fear of contracting the virus, and our churches were closed, unable to offer the sacraments that are so necessary for our spiritual lives. The new normal was too much to bear at times.
We are so grateful to be able to gather together again to worship our Lord and support one another. More and more parishioners are returning to Mass, as our attendance is ticking up more and more each week. Whenever I go out to run errands or to enjoy dinner out in a restaurant, I am amazed at how many people are out and about. People want to be together again.
I am very pleased to announce that it is our hope to host the annual Homecoming celebration again this year after not being able to offer a full Homecoming the past two years. Because we have been away from each other for far too long, I know you are ready to come back together to celebrate our wonderful parish and school. As I said, this year we will hold a full homecoming, which includes children’s events on Friday, the Bull and Oyster Roast on Saturday, and waffles, doughnuts, coffee, and hot chocolate on Sunday. The dates for the Homecoming events are November 12-14. Mary Beliveau is in need of volunteers for the Homecoming Planning Committee to provide input and ideas. Please contact her at [email protected] or at 410-464-4003. The Planning Committee meets once a month beginning in August.
I am also pleased to announce that Sherri Rachuba is returning to the Parish Center. Sherri was the longtime coordinator of our religious education program when she left us at the beginning of the pandemic. However, Sherri is returning to us in a different role. She will provide much needed assistance to the parish office staff by having a presence at the front desk Monday-Friday while providing administrative assistance to our staff members. This means that we will once again have someone at the front desk to assist you with Mass Cards, sacramental information, basic questions, etc. Everything pertaining to religious education and faith formation should still be directed to Chris McCullough.
Thank you for your continued generous support and love for the Cathedral parish and school. I look forward to seeing you soon.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
The Next Ten:
What's happening in the next ten days at Cathedral. Click on the events below to learn more.
- Monday, 8/2, Casserole Collection for Our Daily Bread 9AM
- Saturday, 8/7, First Saturday Devotions, 7AM
- Saturday, 8/7 and Sunday, 8/8, Marriage Anniversary Blessing after all Masses
Last weekend, offertory was $6,305.00, and Poor Box giving was $183.37. Online giving in June totaled $50,820.78. Thank you for your generosity!
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect, via our PayPal link, at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500), here via Paypal, or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Mass Intentions available here.
- Candle offerings available here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Lisa Kantz