Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: July 9, 2021
Dear Cathedral Parishioners,
Thank you for giving Father Gough and me such a warm and loving welcome last weekend.It was so good to see familiar faces and also to meet new people. We look forward to seeing many more of you after the vacation season is over and you return to the area.
I had mentioned last week that there is a lot of staff change here at the Cathedral, and that is not always easy. I regret to say that there is one more change to report. Beth Mayr, our Communications and Social Media Coordinator for both the parish and school, will be leaving the Cathedral community. Beth’s last day will be July 15th. Beth has decided to work part time for the Catholic Community of South Baltimore as the Director of Ministries. This allows her to work closer to her home and affords her much more time to devote to her family. Beth’s contribution over the past five years to the parish and school has been invaluable, from designing and posting all content on the websites to operating the livestream to overseeing all of the social media and communications operations. How sorry we are to see her leave us, but we wish her well and promise her our prayers for this new phase in her life.
I am very happy to announce that Father Gough and I would like to make the Sacrament of Reconciliation more available every week. This sacrament of healing is such an important part of our spiritual lives, and we want you to have more access to it. Therefore, beginning on Monday, July 12th, confessions will be offered every Monday through Friday from 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m. The priest who has the 5:30 p.m. Mass will be the one hearing confessions. The 4:00 p.m. confession time on Saturdays will remain the same, but we will also add time for confessions every Sunday at 8:45 a.m. and 10:30 a.m.. The priest who does not have the next Mass will be the one hearing confessions. We hope that these added times are more convenient for you and that they provide more access to the Sacrament of Reconciliation for the wider Catholic community.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
The Next Ten:
What's happening in the next ten days at Cathedral. Click on the events below to learn more.
- Saturday, 7/10 after 5 p.m. Mass and Sunday, 7/11 after all Masses - Marriage Vow Renewal
- Confessions return to the confessionals, as opposed to the chapels, effective immediately. See the new Confession schedule, beginning Monday 7/12, in Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week.
Last weekend, offertory was $4,355.00, and poor box giving was $152.00. Online giving in June totaled $50,820.78. Thank you for your generosity!
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect, via our PayPal link, at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500), here via Paypal, or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Mass Intentions available here.
- Candle offerings available here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Beth Mayr.