Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: March 11, 2022
Dear Cathedral Parishioners,
During Lent we typically increase our efforts of prayer, fasting, and almsgiving. Hopefully, these efforts continue into Easter and extend beyond. At least, we try. There are a good number of opportunities here at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen to aid us in our Lenten observances:
Please join us for Stations of the Cross every Friday at 6:15 PM followed by a simple meal in the undercroft. If you would like to sign up to provide soup and/or bread, please click on the following link: www.cathedralofmary.org/news/simple-lenten-meals.
It is always good practice to make a thorough, unburdening confession during Lent. The sacrament is offered every weekday at 4:30 PM and additionally on Wednesday evenings at 7:00 PM, Saturdays at 4:00 PM, and Sundays at 8:45 AM and again at 10:30 AM. Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament is available Monday through Friday at 4:00 PM and again on Wednesdays after the 5:30 PM Mass.
Please join us for a Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Meal Packing event on Friday, March 18th from 6:30-8:00 PM in the school gym. This event is family friendly and is a good way to teach your children about serving others beyond our Cathedral community. Sign up here is you wish to participate: www.cathedralofmary.org/news/meal-packing.
Julie Grace Males will be hosting a music listening session after all Masses this weekend and next. Please consider joining her in the undercroft after Mass to provide your thoughts and feedback about the liturgical music program.
The School of the Cathedral is holding an Open House on Wednesday, March 16th from 9:00 - 11:30 AM. Even if you are a current school family, it is beneficial to attend this Open House especially if your child is preparing to enter middle school. You may find more information here: www.schoolofthecathedral.org.
Let us continue to keep in our prayers and sacrifices the people of Ukraine, an end to violence and suffering in our city of Baltimore, and anyone who is in need in any way. May God have mercy on all.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
Welcome to The Next Ten! Every weekend, we'll include a list with what's happening in the next ten days at Cathedral. For more details, call the Parish Center (410-464-4000) or visit our website (www.cathedralofmary.org).
The Next Ten:
NEW FOR LENT: Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament & Confessions Monday-Friday from 4:30-5:15 PM
- 3/12 – Music Listening Sessions After All Masses
- 3/12 – First Communion Workshop – 9:30 - 11 AM – Parish Center
- 3/13 – Music Listening Sessions After All Masses
- 3/13 – Marriage Vow Renewals After All Masses
- 3/16 – The School of the Cathedral Open House – 9 - 11:30 AM – School of the Cathedral
- 3/17 – The Chosen Watch Party – 7 PM
- 3/18 – CRS Meal Packing – 6:30 PM – School Cafeteria
- 3/18 – Stations of the Cross – 6:15 PM – Main ChurchFollowed by a Simple Lenten Meal – Undercroft
- 3/19 – Music Listening Sessions After All Masses
- 3/20 – Music Listening Sessions After All Masses
Giving Report: Last weekend, offertory was $9,113.91. Poor Box donations were $536.48. Online giving in February totaled $55,255.50.
Find out more information in how to enroll in Online Giving below.
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
This year instead of our parish only receiving a portion of funds raised for the Appeal for Catholic Ministries, Cathedral will keep 100% of all donations up to $250,000. Any funds raised over our goal will support the many important ministries of the appeal.
The funds will go towards several projects that will benefit the entire Cathedral campus. Please read the letter below for more details. Thank you for your generous support!
Stations of the Cross & Simple Lenten Meal
Please consider volunteering to provide a meatless soup and/or bread to share for our simple Lenten meals after the Stations of the Cross on Fridays at 6:15 PM.
You can sign up on our website at www.cathedralofmary/news/simple-lenten-meals
This Lent, enter into the desert with reflections by parishioners, communal prayer, and multiple opportunities to live out Prayer, Fasting, and Almsgiving.
How can you participate?
If you haven't already, join our Reflection Flocknote group that will carry on our Lenten reflection or activities throughout the season.
You can also visit our Lenten Schedule for the special Sacrament schedule during Lent, Weekly Events, Donation Schedule, and other Lenten Activities.
Want to learn more about our school? Already a school parent? Come to our Open House - you don't want to miss out!
Sign up for our Open House on Wednesday, March 16 at 9-11:30 AM at https://www.schoolofthecathedral.org/admissions/visit-our-open-house
You'll tour our school and its live-classes and speak with student ambassadors, parent ambassadors, teachers, and other faculty and staff! Additionally, light refreshments will be provided.
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Lisa Kantz.