Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: November 5, 2021
Dear Cathedral Parishioners,
On November 11th from 8:30-11:30 AM, the School of the Cathedral will host its second Open House for the academic year. If you know of any families who are looking at schools for next year, please let them know about our Open House on November 11th. This is also an excellent chance for parents of students in 4th and 5th grades to learn more about the good things happening in our middle school. Also, please spread the word about our new Pre-K 4 Junior Kindergarten Program that will begin next year.
This Wednesday, November 10th, is the last day to purchase tickets for the Homecoming Bull & Oyster Roast. The event is almost sold out, so get your tickets now if you would like to attend. 50/50 raffle tickets will be sold after all Masses again this weekend. We accept cash, check, and credit cards. Because of the sponsorships we have received and the amount of tickets purchased, we are able to cover all costs for the Bull & Oyster Roast. This is the first time we have covered costs for this event. I am sincerely grateful for your kind generosity.
With the Thanksgiving holiday only three weeks away, it is time for our Thanksgiving Collection. Every year the Cathedral parish and school work together to help our brothers and sisters of Immaculate Conception parish on Mosher Street in downtown Baltimore. This year, Immaculate Conception has requested that all donations be in the form of $45.00 gift cards so that families can purchase what they need/desire for Thanksgiving. We invite families to show their support by donating money for gift cards or by bringing in gift cards for Safeway or Shoppers. We will also be collecting canned goods in the school and the Cathedral to support the ministry of CARES Food Pantry. Thank you for your generosity.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
The Next Ten:
- 11/06 – Coffee and Conversation: Vatican II – 9:15 AM – Belvedere Square's Atwater's
- 11/07 – Rejoice & Sing: Baltimore Choral Arts Concert – 3 PM
- 11/07 – First Year Connect Night – 7-8:30 PM
- 11/09 – Paul & Early Church – 7-8:30 PM – Parish Center
- 11/12 – Kids Night Out – 6 PM – Church Undercroft
- 11/12 – Middle School Mixer – 7 PM – School Gym
- 11/12 – High School Night – 9 PM – Parish Center
- 11/13 – Bull & Oyster Roast – 6-10 PM – Church Front Lawn
- 11/14 – Homecoming: Free Food Trucks After All Masses
- 11/14 – RCIC Rite of Acceptance – 9:30 AM
- 11/14 – Altar Serving Training – 2 PM
Giving Report: Last weekend, offertory was $8,586.33. Poor Box donations were $303.74.
Online giving in October totaled $54,689.50. Thank you for your generosity!
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
Homecoming will be November 12-14 this year! Buy your Bull & Oyster Roast tickets and Kids Events on our website at www.cathedralofmary.org/about/homecoming
Paul & The Early Church - Fr. Bill Burton
Tuesdays from 7-8:30
Join our Annual Teaching by Fr. Bill Burton on Paul on the Early Church! Dive into who Paul was and his writings for four Tuesdays starting November 2nd from 7-8:30 PM.
Sign up here:
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Lisa Kantz.