Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: October 15, 2021
Dear Cathedral Parishioners,
I am delighted to introduce to you the newest member of the Cathedral music ministry staff. Cameron Kuzepski has just come aboard as the Cathedral’s principal organist. You have already become familiar with his talent and musicality, as he has been playing at various Masses since August. Cameron is a freshman at the Peabody Conservatory of Music and comes to us from Delaware. If you are attending either the 5:00 PM Mass on Saturdays or the 11:00 AM Mass on Sundays, I encourage you to arrive early and listen to the prelude to put you in a prayerful spirit for Mass, and to remain in your pew for a few minutes after Mass to listen to the postlude. The Cathedral organ is a world class instrument, and we are fortunate to have Cameron with us to bring out all of the nuances of that magnificent instrument.
We are one month away from our Homecoming festivities, which will take place from November 12-14. Our annual Homecoming celebrations are for the entire Cathedral community, both parish and school. The Bull and Oyster Roast on Saturday evening is a wonderful event where parish and school families come together for good food and drink, games, dancing, and conversation. Today, Friday 10/18, is the last day for early bird pricing of $75 for tickets to the Bull and Oyster Roast (Click the link or see below to order tickets). After today, tickets may still be purchased, but at full price. Please consider getting your tickets today or even purchasing a table for 10 and inviting your friends and family.
I also invite you to become a sponsor of Homecoming. The Bull and Oyster Roast is a costly event and ticket sales alone do not cover the cost. In fact, the Cathedral has always lost money on the Bull and Oyster Roast. Please consider helping us to break even this year by becoming a sponsor. We have received more sponsorships this year than in any year before, but we have a little way to go to cover costs for the event. Your generosity will be recognized with the appearance of your name on signs around the tent. To purchase tickets to any of the children’s events, to the Bull and Oyster Roast, to become a sponsor, or to volunteer, please visit our Homecoming website - www.cathedralofmary.org/about/homecoming
Pope Francis has called a synod for the Universal Church. It is entitled For a Synodal Church: Communion, Participation, and Mission. You might be thinking, “What is a synod?” Basically, a synod is a type of meeting within the Church. It is a period of “walking together” where the voices of everyone are heard and considered. Every diocese throughout the world will participate in this synod. This Sunday at the 11:00 AM Mass here at the Cathedral, Archbishop Lori will celebrate the opening Mass for Synod 2021-2023. Please consider participating in this Mass as we come together as an archdiocese to begin this historic process.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
In the month of October, our RCIA program will be exploring the question "What is Catholicism?" We're inviting all parishioners to attend in order to deepen their knowledge of their faith. Feel free to invite a friend! Meetings are at 7PM in the Parish Center (mask required).
- 10/21: Structures of the Church – Father Louis Bianco
- 10/28: Mary and the Saints in the Catholic Tradition – Father Justin Gough
The Next Ten:
- 10/16 – Coffee and Conversation: Vatican II – 9:15 AM – Belvedere Square Atwater's
- 10/17 – RCIA Meeting – Church Undercroft (CLOW Room) – 10:30 AM - 12 PM
- 10/17 – First Year Confirmation Connect Night – 7 PM - 8:30 PM
- 10/23 – Coffee and Conversation: Vatican II (Pt. 2) – 9:15 AM – Belvedere Square Atwater's
- 10/24 – Loaves and Fishes Meal Prep – 2 PM – Parish Center (Delivery is at 4:30 PM)
- 10/24 – Second Year Connect Night - Session #2 – 7 PM - 8:30 PM
- 10/25 – Cathedral Golf Open – 12 PM - 4 PM – The Country Club of Maryland
Giving Report: Last weekend, offertory was $6,484.00. Poor Box donations were $335.69. Online giving in September totaled $56,354.88. Thank you for your generosity!
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
Homecoming will be November 12-14 this year! Buy your Bull & Oyster Roast tickets and Kids Events on our website at www.cathedralofmary.org/about/homecoming
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Lisa Kantz.