Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: October 8, 2021
Dear Cathedral Parishioners,
Thank you for your quick and generous response to the fall offertory campaign held last week. We received many responses already and I am so grateful for your love and dedication to the Cathedral. If you have not done so already, please consider updating your Faith Direct account or returning the response card that can be found in the pews. Together as one community we can make a big difference.
There is much happening at the Cathedral this fall. Bull & Oyster Roast Tickets are available now for Homecoming 2021. Please remember that the early bird pricing of $75 for cocktail seats lasts until this coming Friday. Please click on the following link to purchase your tickets, become a sponsor, and to volunteer. There are also many activities planned for our youth on Friday evening. Please sign up to have them participate: www.cathedralofmary.org/about/...
Our seminarian Tommy O’Donnell’s Coffee and Conversation group begins next Saturday, October 16th at 9:15 AM and continues for the next four Saturdays. It will be held at Atwater's in Belvedere Square. Please see the handouts on the tables in the church or speak to Tommy about it if you are interested.
Our Confirmation candidates are on retreat this weekend at the Monsignor O’Dwyer Retreat House. Please pray for them as they prepare to receive this final Sacrament of Initiation in the spring.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
In the month of October, our RCIA program will be exploring the question "What is Catholicism?" We're inviting all parishioners to attend in order to deepen their knowledge of their faith. Feel free to invite a friend! Meetings are at 7PM in the Parish Center (mask required).
- 10/14: Catholic Approaches to Scripture, Faith, and Reason – Seminarian Tommy O'Donnell
- 10/21: Structures of the Church – Father Louis Bianco
- 10/28: Mary and the Saints in the Catholic Tradition – Father Justin Gough
The Next Ten:
- 10/9 and 10/10 – Marriage Anniversary Blessing after all Masses
- 10/9–10/10 – Confirmation Retreat – 5PM - 5PM – O'Dwyer Retreat House
- 10/16 – Coffee and Conversation: Vatican II – 9:15 AM – Belvedere Square Atwater's
- 10/17 – RCIA Meeting – Church Undercroft (CLOW Room) – 10:30 AM - 12 PM
- 10/17 – First Year Confirmation Connect Night – 7 - 8:30 PM
Giving Report: Last weekend, offertory was $5,966.00. Poor Box donations were $192.36. Online giving in September totaled $56,354.88. Thank you for your generosity!
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
Homecoming will be November 12-14 this year! Buy your Bull & Oyster Roast tickets and Kids Events on our website at www.cathedralofmary.org/about/homecoming
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Lisa Kantz.