Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: September 17, 2021
Dear Cathedral Parishioners,
Now that Labor Day is behind us and summer is waning, many of our ministries and programs are beginning once again. One of these programs is the Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults or RCIA. Last weekend, Deacon Fritz spoke at Masses inviting those who are interested in joining RCIA to contact him about it. I want to echo his message and invite you to think about and identify someone whom you know that might be open to exploring the Catholic Faith. Perhaps you know someone in your extended family who is married to a Catholic relative but never converted. Maybe you have been discussing the Faith with a co-worker and peaked his/her interest. If there is anyone that you think would be open to engaging the RCIA process, please invite that person to prayerfully consider exploring Catholicism. We are blessed to proclaim the One True Faith and be part of the Church that Jesus Christ founded. Let us share this gift with those who do not enjoy the fullness of the Catholic Faith.
I am grateful that we will hold an in-person New Parishioner Welcome on September 26th at 10:30 AM in the Parish Center. This is the first time we are able to meet in person in two years. I look forward to meeting and speaking with all of the “new” parishioners that have joined the Cathedral parish over the past two years. RSVPs are not necessary but helpful. To RSVP contact Mary Beliveau ([email protected]; 410-464-4003).
We are in great need of additional altar servers for weekend Masses. Father Gough and I are very grateful to the altar servers who have persevered and remain faithful to their serving duties, we welcome back any servers who might have taken a break during the pandemic, and we invite any student in grades 4-8 (or even in high school) who would like to become an altar server. If you have a child who is interested in serving at the altar, we ask that parents attend one information session where we will discuss the duties and requirements of altar serving. The dates of the sessions are: September 23rd at 5:00 PM and September 25th at 2:00 PM in the Parish Center. Please discuss this opportunity of serving at Mass with your children. If your child is interested, please contact Kaitlyn Griffin at [email protected] . Thank you for considering this request.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
The Next Ten:
9/19 Catechetical Sunday – 9:30AM Mass
9/19 Parents & Catechists FFF Meeting – 10:45AM SCMOQ
9/19 Confirmation Connect Night – 7:00PM Parish Center
9/22 Eucharistic Adoration – 6-8PM
9/22 Parent Sacramental Meeting – Confirmation – 7:00PM Parish Center
9/24 Mass for the Sick – 5:30PM
9/25 Parent Sacramental Meeting – Confirmation – 9:00AM Parish Center
9/25 Mass for the End of National Migration Week (Abp. Lori) – 10:00AM
9/26 New Parishioner Welcome – 10:30AM – Parish Center
9/26 Loaves and Fishes – 2:00PM – Parish Center
9/26 Filipino Fiesta Mass & Festival (Abp. Lori) – 2:00PM
Last weekend, offertory was $6,864.26. Poor Box donations were $268.41. Online giving in August totaled $60,954.00 Thank you for your generosity!
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Lisa Kantz.