Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: September 23, 2021
Dear Cathedral Parishioners,
We continue to add new faces to our staff as we fill vacant positions. I am happy to announce that Isabella Marcelino has accepted the position of Communications/Social Media Coordinator. Isabella will oversee the websites for the Cathedral parish and school, our social media accounts, will be instrumental in expanding our online and in-person community, and will support our evangelization efforts. Isabella will begin on October 4th.
Registration for Homecoming Weekend 2021 (November 12-14) is officially open. Please check out our website for more information on registering, volunteering, and sponsoring the weekend. I am very much looking forward to celebrating Homecoming Weekend with all of you. Since it has been a few years since we have offered a full Homecoming, let’s really celebrate this one. What a great way to reconnect with each other and celebrate the Cathedral community.
We welcome back the full choir at the 11:00 AM Mass this Sunday. This is the first time they will be back together for Mass since before the pandemic. I am very much looking forward to having a full choir again at the 11:00 Mass, as their presence adds to the beauty and prayerfulness of the liturgy. If you are interested in being a part of our music ministry, please contact Julie Grace Males at [email protected] or at (410) 464-4020.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
The Next Ten:
9/25 Parent Sacramental Meeting – Confirmation – 9:00AM Parish Center
9/25 Mass for the End of National Migration Week (Abp. Lori) – 5:00PM
9/26 New Parishioner Welcome – 10:30AM – Parish Center
9/26 Loaves and Fishes – 2:00PM – Parish Center
9/26 Filipino Fiesta Mass & Festival (Abp. Lori) – 2:00PM
9/29 Eucharistic Adoration – 6:00-8:00PM
10/1 First Friday Adoration – Lady Chapel – 7:30AM-5:15PM Adorers still needed! Sign up here.
10/2 Rosary Congress Walking Pilgrimage from the Cathedral to the Basilica – Starts in the Cathedral Front Plaza at 7:30AM
10/2 Parent Sacramental Meeting – First Reconciliation and Communion – Parish Center– 9:00-11:00AM
10/2 Men of Mary Our Queen BBQ – Rectory – 6:00PM RSVP to Chris Heemann – [email protected]
Last weekend, offertory was $4,695.66. Poor Box donations were $581.06. Online giving in August totaled $60,954.00. Thank you for your generosity!
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Lisa Kantz.