Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: September 3, 2021
Dear Cathedral Parishioners,
I am happy to announce that a pastoral year seminarian has been assigned to the Cathedral. Tommy O’Donnell will be in residence in the Cathedral rectory and will be assigned full time to the Cathedral parish, beginning this weekend.
The Archdiocese of Baltimore requires each seminarian to undergo a pastoral year away from seminary studies so that he can experience a typical year in a parish. This year affords the seminarian the opportunity to gain practical knowledge and to experience the rhythm of normal parish life. While Tommy is not able to perform any sacraments, he will be involved in every aspect of parish and school life. Tommy will be present at daily and Sunday Masses, will work with religious education, adult faith formation, RCIA, youth activities, and will be present in the school, among many other things.
Tommy is a native of Baltimore, attended Mount Saint Joseph High School and Loyola University Maryland, and has completed his first and second theology studies in Rome. Tommy will introduce himself to everyone at the end of all of the Masses this weekend. Please be sure to welcome Tommy to the Cathedral.
The Cathedral Guide ministry is resuming this weekend, after all Masses. A Cathedral Guide will be available by the pulpit to answer questions and/or provide a quick tour. I want to thank our Cathedral Guides for their knowledge and dedication to our Cathedral and for always being willing to highlight and share the beauty and uniqueness of our beautiful Cathedral structure.
Finally, I want to welcome back to school all of our students, parents, faculty, administrators, and staff. We had a wonderful but interesting first week of school. This past week provided some surprises with a power outage and a tropical depression that closed school early. Please pray that this school year will be a time when our students will grow in knowledge, wisdom, faith, and love.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
The Next Ten:
9/5 Family Faith Formation Parent Info Session, 10:45AM
9/6 Labor Day Mass at 8:15AM; Parish Center closed
9/8 Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, 6-8PM Confessions available from 7-8PM
9/11 & 9/12 Marriage Anniversary Blessing after all Masses
9/12- Worthy of the Call training for youth- Parish Center, 10:30AM
Last weekend, offertory was $4,336.93. Poor Box giving was $460.00. Online giving in July totaled $53,188.27. Thank you for your generosity!
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect, via our PayPal link, at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500), here via Paypal, or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Lisa Kantz.