Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: September 16, 2022
Dear Cathedral Family,
Over my first year as Rector of the Cathedral, I have learned about the many talents and areas of expertise of this Cathedral parish and school community. We are truly blessed to have as members of the Cathedral so many experts in their fields. Capitalizing on this treasury of intellect and talent, our parish will offer its first colloquium this fall. The Cathedral Colloquium offers a series of talks by mostly parishioners of the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen highlighting their knowledge in their various fields. This fall’s Colloquium will focus on the Medieval Period and how theology, art, music, and literature of that period allow us to glimpse heaven. The spring Colloquium will concentrate on faith and reason and will highlight those parishioners in the fields of science and space. Please contact Fr. Gough at [email protected] for more information.
I am very sad to inform you that Ashley Powers, our leader of the 9:30 AM Contemporary music group Kairos, will be departing the Cathedral. Her last Mass with us will be this Sunday, September 18th. I have come to appreciate Ashley’s youthful energy, her prayerfulness at Mass, and remarkable talent. Please know that Julie Grace Males, Fr. Gough, and I are committed to providing the same quality of contemporary music at the 9:30 Sunday Mass that Ashley has given us these past three years. We wish Ashley well and pray for God’s blessings in her future endeavors.
As a reminder, Family Faith Formation begins this Sunday, September 18th after the 9:30 AM Mass. Parents and children will meet in the school for a yearly overview and instruction on the upcoming month’s lessons.
I am happy to welcome back Children’s Liturgy of the Word (CLOW) ministry this Sunday at the 9:30 AM Mass. Please bring your children to Mass to participate in this week’s CLOW. It is said that participation in CLOW is one of the most effective ways to engage children in the liturgy and to catechize by way of lectionary-based catechesis. If you would like to volunteer for this ministry, please write to [email protected]. It is also a great way for teens to fulfill their service hour requirements.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
Welcome to The Next Ten! Every weekend, we'll include a list with what's happening in the next ten days at Cathedral. For more details, call the Parish Center (410-464-4000) or visit our website (www.cathedralofmary.org).
The Next Ten:
- 9/17 – Catholic 301 – 9 AM – Undercroft
- 9/17 – Sacramental Preparation Parent Orientation – 9:30 AM – Parish Center
- 9/18 – Children's Liturgy of the Word (CLOW) Begins – 9:30 AM Masses Only
- 9/18 – New Parishioner Welcome – After 9:30 AM Mass – Parish Center
- 9/18 – Family Faith Formation – 10:45 AM – School Cafeteria
- 9/20 - 9/22 – Filipino Fiesta Triduum – 6 PM – Cathedral
- 9/21 – Confirmation Orientation – 7 PM – Parish Center
- 9/21 – Additional Eucharistic Adoration Cancelled or Filipino Triduum – 6 PM
- 9/22 – RCIA – 7 PM – Parish Center
- 9/24 – Confirmation Orientation – 9 AM – Parish Center
- 9/25 – Filipino Fiesta – 2 PM – Cathedral
- 9/25 – Loaves & Fishes – 2 PM – Parish Center
- 9/26 – Confirmation Orientation – 7 PM – Parish Center
Thank you for your generosity!
Find out more information in how to enroll in Online Giving below.
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
So far we have raised $230,725, which is 92% of our goal.
This year instead of our parish only receiving a portion of funds raised for the Appeal for Catholic Ministries, Cathedral will keep 100% of all donations up to $250,000. Any funds raised over our goal will support the many important ministries of the appeal.
The funds will go towards several projects that will benefit the entire Cathedral campus. For more details please visit our website. Thank you for your generous support!
We are excited to announce that our Family Faith Formation (FFF) is returning this fall. FFF is offered for children in Kindergarten-8th grade not enrolled in a Catholic school. ALL FFF families need to register for the next year of formation.
In addition, the second graders who will be preparing for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion need to register for the FFF and First Holy Communion and First Penance programs separately.
The Little Sisters host their 9th annual NUN RUN, Saturday, October 22, 2022 at the Cathedral of Mary Our Queen. Race start 8:00 am. Join the Little Sisters along with The Bird, Bobalouie the Clown, warm-up, music, fellowship, food, a 1 mile fun run/walk and competitive 5K, awards and more. Visit with the Little Sisters and enjoy the grounds of the Cathedral! Fr. Justin Gough will be running!
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Lisa Kantz.