Fr. Bianco's Message for the Week: September 9, 2022
Dear Cathedral Family,
A few weeks ago, the Little Sisters of the Poor visited the Cathedral to speak at the end of Masses to share the beautiful work they do on behalf of the elderly poor at St. Martin’s Home and to ask for the financial support of our parishioners. I am pleased to welcome the Little Sisters back to the Cathedral again as we host the 9th annual Nun Run on campus on Saturday, October 22nd. The Nun Run is a 5K & 1 Mile run to benefit St. Martin's Home and the Little Sisters of the Poor Baltimore. If you would like to join the Cathedral team, please click on the following link: bit.ly/NunRun22. The cost to register is $40 through September 11th, but after September 11th, the cost increases to $50. Fr. Gough will be running with the Cathedral team. I, on the other hand, will provide moral support.
New Parishioner Welcome
Every week, the Cathedral is blessed with individuals, couples, or families who register as new parishioners. This growth is exciting to see. There will be a New Parishioner Welcome on Sunday, September 18th after the 9:30 AM Mass in the Parish Center. Any individual or family that has registered within the past year is invited to join us. Please contact Mary Beliveau at [email protected] to RSVP for the welcome.
Parish Financial Report
This week, you will notice a new format for our Giving Report. It details the previous week’s offertory numbers, while comparing last month’s offertory to the previous fiscal year. Please look for this updated section in the bulletin and online.
Fall Faith Formation & Sacramental Prep
Our sacramental programs are beginning. Both Family Faith Formation and Children’s Liturgy of the Word begin on Sunday, September 18th. Once again, if you would like to be involved with CLOW please reach out to [email protected].
RCIA began this past Thursday. If you have a family member or friend who is interested in the Catholic faith, please see Fr. Gough, Deacon Fritz, or me for more information.
If your child is celebrating First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion this year, please note the dates for the Sacramental Preparation Parent Orientation Meeting in the Parish Center. You only need to sign up for one of the two:
Saturday, September 17th at 9:30 AM
Monday, September 26th at 7:00 PM.
Cathedral School Golf Open
Save the date for the annual Cathedral Golf Open on October 24, 2022 at The Country Club of Maryland. All proceeds will benefit Cathedral's "Endowment Fund for Catholic Education," which provides financial support to the school for scholarships and capital improvements. Sponsorships are highly encouraged. Please click on the following link for more information: Cathedral Golf Open.
May God bless you.
Father Louis A. Bianco
Welcome to The Next Ten! Every weekend, we'll include a list with what's happening in the next ten days at Cathedral. For more details, call the Parish Center (410-464-4000) or visit our website (www.cathedralofmary.org).
The Next Ten:
- 9/10 – Catholic 301 – 9 AM – Parish Center
- 9/11 – Wedding Anniversary Blessing – After All Masses
- 9/14 – Additional Eucharistic Adoration – 6 PM – Lady Chapel
- 9/15 – Feast of Our Lady of Sorrows – Regular Mass & Confessions
- 9/15 – RCIA – 7 PM – Parish Center
- 9/17 – Parish Celebration of Service – 6 PM – School Gym
- 9/17 – Sacramental Preparation Parent Orientation – 9:30 AM – Parish Center
- 9/18 – Children's Liturgy of the Word (CLOW) Begins – 9:30 AM Masses Only
- 9/18 – New Parishioner Welcome – After 9:30 AM Mass – Parish Center
- 9/18 – Family Faith Formation – 10:45 AM – School Cafeteria
- 9/21 – Confirmation Orientation – 9 AM – Parish Center
- 9/121 – Additional Eucharistic Adoration – 6 PM – Lady Chapel
- 9/22 – RCIA – 7 PM – Parish Center
- 9/25 – Loaves & Fishes – 2 PM – Parish Center
- 9/24 – Confirmation Orientation – 9 AM – Parish Center
Thank you for your generosity!
Find out more information in how to enroll in Online Giving below.
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
So far we have raised $230,725, which is 92% of our goal.
This year instead of our parish only receiving a portion of funds raised for the Appeal for Catholic Ministries, Cathedral will keep 100% of all donations up to $250,000. Any funds raised over our goal will support the many important ministries of the appeal.
The funds will go towards several projects that will benefit the entire Cathedral campus. For more details please visit our website. Thank you for your generous support!
We are excited to announce that our Family Faith Formation (FFF) is returning this fall. FFF is offered for children in Kindergarten-8th grade not enrolled in a Catholic school. ALL FFF families need to register for the next year of formation.
In addition, the second graders who will be preparing for First Reconciliation and First Holy Communion need to register for the FFF and First Holy Communion and First Penance programs separately.
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Lisa Kantz.