Fun Friday: April 30, 2021
Welcome to Fun Friday! Every Friday, we'll send a trivia question along with the Mass registration for weekend Masses.
What was the original name proposed for the Cathedral?
- Mary Queen of Heaven Cathedral
- Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary
- Cathedral of the Annunciation
See the answer below Mass Registration!
Fun Friday AnswerOriginally, the new cathedral would take the name of Cathedral of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary. Today, the co-cathedral downtown is know as the Baltimore Basilica or, more formally, the Basilica of the National Shrine of the Assumption of the Blessed Virgin Mary.
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect, via our PayPal link, at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500), here via Paypal, or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
- Indoor Masses, Private Prayer, and Confession
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Worship Aids here
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Mass Intentions available here.
- Candle offerings available here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options:
- Sign up for these emails here
- Subscribe to our podcast (or on any podcast player!)
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Follow us on Facebook and Instagram
Questions? Email Beth Mayr.