Practical tips for Participation in Online Mass
Here are some practical tips from Fr. Kevin about participating in online Mass.
- Treat the moment as a sacred occasion. You could:
- Dress the way you would for attending Sunday Mass in person.
- Attend the online Mass in a special place in your house. Gather in a place without distractions. If possible, you could even take the Mass outside!
- Take 5 minutes to quiet yourselves before Mass begins.
- Fully participate in the celebration
- Pray the Mass responses aloud, and even sing if you know the words!
- The Magnificat publication is free for the next few weeks. It is an online resource where you can read along with the Mass readings.
- At Communion time, pray the act of Spiritual Communion aloud:
- “My Jesus, I believe that you are in the Blessed Sacrament. I love you above all things, and I long for you in my soul. Since I cannot now receive you sacramentally, come at least spiritually into my heart. I embrace you as you are already there, and unite myself entirely to you; never permit me to be separated from you. Amen."
- Make it a time of mission!
- Reflect on and discuss what you heard in the readings, the prayers, or the homily. Reactions? Surprises? Challenges?
- Before you silence your phones as Mass is set to begin, check in on social media and give the link (www.cathedralofmary.org/webcast) so that others know they can participate in our online community!
We hope you enjoy our webcast!