Recharge: Cathedral's Virtual Engagement
A few important updates:
The celebrations of RCIC entering the Church at the Easter Vigil, First Communion, and Confirmation have been postponed to a date TBD. For questions, contact Chris McCullough at [email protected]. Additionally, the Cardinal Cup, Cathedral Ball, and other events for the foreseeable future are cancelled. We will keep you posted as we learn more. Palm Sunday, Holy Week, and Easter services will be held via livestream only (no public attendance). You'll be able to watch on our webcast here.
Finally, we want to hear from you! Will you take this very short survey? We want to hear how our parishioners are doing and how we can support you in this time.
Thank you for continuing to stay connected via these emails, "Renew, Recharge, Respond." We are continuing to work as a staff to provide you with new ways to connect virtually!
Events you can attend from home:
We hope you will join us virtually for these events!
- Rosary: Monsignor Woy is webcasting the Rosary, and we're sharing it on Facebook every day at 3pm. Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Mass webcast here and in myParish app at 7am and 5:30pm (M-F), 7am (Sat.), and 11am (Su. - with Archbishop Lori)
We hope you enjoy these "daily challenges" each day.
- Today, Wednesday 3/25: Set up your Faith Direct account. We've created this easy guide to set up online giving. We are so grateful for your support!
- Tomorrow, Thursday 3/26: Connect with 5 parishioners. We encourage you to check-in with 5 parishioners via phone call or other way of connecting. How are they doing? Do they need anything? If they need our help in any way, let us know here.
- Friday, 3/27: Show some love to the School of the Cathedral. We're so proud of our co-ed K-8 parish school and how the teachers have transitioned to online learning! Show them some love here.
This section contains resources we have previously linked above.
- Mass webcast here 7am and 5:30pm (M-F), 7am (Sat.), and 11am (Su.) - available by livestream only (no public attendance)
- You can also watch in our app - myParish app! Download myParish app by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Read a reflection from Fr. Kevin on practical tips for participation in online Mass.
- Private prayer: The church will be open M-Sa. from 8am to 4pm and Su. from 12:30pm to 4pm for private prayer.*
- Confessions: The church will be open Saturdays for Confessions in the chapel from 4pm to 4:45pm.*
- Stations of the Cross webcast recording here with Archbishop Lori.
- Angelus: Fr. Kevin says the Angelus on Facebook and Instagram Live 12noon every day.
Previous Daily Challenges:
- Casseroles: Our Daily Bread is in great need of casseroles! They continue serving meals to people experiencing hunger (with proper social distancing). Here are our current drop-off procedures and the recipe.
- Archbishop Lori's Novena against Coronavirus: available here
- Lenten Reflections: Sign up for our Lenten Reflections here.
- Magnificat: The Magnificat is temporarily offered online for free. Visit their website to learn more.
- CARES Food Pantry Donations: Our partner, CARES Food Pantry, is still very much in need of our support! Consider dropping off spaghetti and sauce this week in the baskets in the narthex (back of the church as you face the altar) anytime the church is open for private prayer (M-Sa. 8am to 4pm, Su. 12:30pm to 4pm).
- Read this week's reflection by Our Sunday Visitor: Download here.
- Special Reflection: Take a few minutes to watch Monsignor Woy's message of hope from Sunday.
*Proper social distancing must always be maintained (6+ feet apart). Only 10 people are allowed inside at any time. Thank you for your understanding.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options: