RRR: Celebrations, becoming Catholic, service projects, and more
Welcome to our next issue of Renew, Recharge, Respond (RRR)!
- Friday, 9/18: Sign up for Mass! We ask families (one person per household) to sign up each week. Here's why:
- As families return from summer travel and children have started school, our Mass attendance is increasing. If we reach our maximum number of families signed up, we will need to ask folks to attend another Mass, in order to preserve social distancing and cleaning procedures at every Mass.
- If there is a situation where someone has COVID-19 symptoms and/or tests positive for the virus, we need to be able to contact trace who was at that Mass, to communicate the situation to those who attended.
- Want to share with a friend? Copy and paste this link: https://bit.ly/cathedralmasses
- The same procedures (wear a mask, stay 6 feet apart, one family per pew, etc.) apply - read the procedures here before coming.
- Saturday, 9/19: Take a few moments to pray this weekend:
- In thanksgiving for the life of John Shettle Jr.
- In gratitude for the baptism of Cryder Thomas Stanwick.
- In praise for the youth who will be Confirmed this weekend: Alexander Boulay, Lucy Buttarazzi, Liam Flynn, Charles Klug, Frederick Cole Knott, Ethan Rohd, Josephine Russo, Ben Sage, Sam Schadt, Maggie Waldron, and Eric Zabora.
- In celebration of the youth receiving First Communion this weekend: Anna Furlong, Vincent McClean, and Maxine Noel.
- Sunday, 9/20: The next opportunity to serve those experiencing hunger via Loaves and Fishes is Sunday, 9/27. Learn more or sign up to help here!
- Monday, 9/21: It's golf time! Grab your foursome and sign up for the event of the fall: the 2020 Cathedral Golf Open on 10/22. Registration includes 18 holes of golf, prizes, drinks on the course, full lunch and a cocktail party with heavy appetizers. All proceeds will benefit Cathedral's "Endowment Fund for Catholic Education," which provides financial support to the school for scholarships and capital improvements. Learn more or sign up today.
- Tuesday, 9/22: Know someone interested in becoming Catholic? Our RCIA and RCIC experiences are available year-round! Learn more or inquire today.
- Make a one-time gift on FaithDirect, via our PayPal link, at the Archdiocesan giving page (select Cathedral), or by texting the word “Give” to 410-390-0999.
- Set up recurring online giving with Faith Direct (Cathedral’s code is MD500) or by texting the word "Enroll" to 410-390-0999.
- Drop off donations at the rectory - there is a secure box at the front door to leave envelopes/letters.
- Mail your donation to us at 5200 North Charles St., Baltimore, MD 21210.
- We've created this easy guide to set up online giving.
- Mass webcast here - all Masses are livestreamed
- Worship Aids here
- Mass is broadcast Sunday at 11am on Ch.24 (MyTV Baltimore): Comcast (24), Verizon (509), DirecTV/DISH (41).
- Private prayer: Cathedral is open for private prayer (see hours and procedures here)
- Confessions: available Saturdays, 4pm to 4:45pm (see procedures here)
- myParish app: Download by texting "app" to 88202 or visiting the App store.
- Rosary: shared on Facebook every day at 3pm. Watch on our YouTube channel playlist here.
- Mass Intentions available here.
- Candle offerings available here.
- Reflections: Sign up here for our weekly email Reflection series.
- Coping resources: Read these COVID-19 coping resources.
- Casserole donations needed: learn more here.
- Donate to CARES Food Pantry: learn more here.
- Virtual Opportunities: Check out our list of various opportunities here.
Pass this along to a friend! Encourage someone you know to sign up for one or more of these options: