Sunday School of Religion (SSR) is a wonderful opportunity at Cathedral for students in grades K-7.
The book we use for all grades is titled Blest Are We. We also use the program Family Life, which teaches age-appropriate content about Christian living, chastity, character formation, and safe environment training that promotes communication between you and your child.
Here is some relevant information:
- Sunday School starts on the third Sunday in September each year.
- Sunday School is held on Sundays from 10:45am to 11:45am.
- Family Life will be taught periodically with Religion throughout the year. See the calendar for dates when it will be taught (in the body of the event).
- See the calendar here for all dates pertaining to SSR (dates subject to change).
Drop off and Pickup
- Children in kindergarten through 2nd grade must be dropped off and picked up from the classroom.
- Park in school lot, not the school circle.
- For grades 3-7, please give specific information to your child on where you will pick them up.
- Drive slowly on campus during drop off and pickup.
- Watch for children in and around the school as you travel on campus.
- Please review Blest are We and Family Life books at home with your child
- If you child is absent, have him/her go over the bookwork and review it with your child. Please have your child turn it in at the next class meeting
- Take your child to participate in Mass on Sundays
- You will receive notice by 7:30AM
- An email notice will be sent via Flocknote (to the list where you normally receive SSR emails)
- You can check social media (@cathedralofmary on Facebook and Instagram) or call the Office of Faith Formation (410-464-4014)
- Sign up here for inclement weather updates by text
- Priests will also make the announcement at the 8am and 9:30am Masses
- There is a separate registration for both sacraments.
- Learn more here about First Communion.
- Learn more here about Confirmation.
We take your child’s safety very seriously in our parish. All volunteers that work with youth complete training on child abuse, go through a background check, and give references. We want to let you know all we do to prevent abuse from happening in our parish. You can find more information on the Archdiocese of Baltimore website about this.
VIRTUS (formerly STAND) is mandatory training for all those working with youth and children (Sunday School, Children's Liturgy of the Word, Confirmation, Vacation Bible School, etc.). It meets the Archdiocesan requirements for anyone interacting with children in the Church, professionally, or voluntarily. If you are interested in helping in your child’s class, please click here to learn more.
Please contact me if you have any more questions. I look forward to meeting you!
Director of Faith Formation and Evangelization