When is Reconciliation at Cathedral?
Experience the healing of the Sacrament of Reconciliation:
- Weekdays from 4:30 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.
- Saturdays from 4:00 p.m. to 4:45 p.m.
- Sundays from 8:45 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Other times for confession are available by appointment. Please call the Parish Office at 410-464-4000 to schedule an appointment.
How to go to Confession
- Make the sign of the cross and say: “Bless me Father for I have sinned. It has been _____ (days/weeks/months/years) since my last confession and these are my sins.”
- The penitent confesses his or hers sins and when finished, says: “For all of my sins I am truly sorry and ask for forgiveness.”
- Then the priest will give some counsel and a penance.
- Say an Act of Contrition, expressing sorrow for your sins. The priest finishes the confession with the prayer of absolution. When he makes the sign of the cross over you, you should trace the sign of the cross on yourself.
The Act of Contrition:
My God, I am sorry for my sins with all my heart. In choosing to do wrong and failing to do good, I have sinned against You whom I should love above all things. I firmly intend, with Your help, to do penance, to sin no more, and to avoid whatever leads me to sin. Our Savior, Jesus Christ, suffered and died for us. In His name, my God, have mercy. Amen.
Learn more about the Sacrament of Reconciliation through The Light is on for You, a resource published by the Archdiocese of Baltimore.