About Catholic Social Teaching
Catholic social teaching has seven key themes:
- Life and Dignity of the Human Person
- Call to Family, Community, and Participation
- Rights and Responsibilities
- Option for the Poor and Vulnerable
- The Dignity of Work and the Rights of Workers
- Care for God's Creation
Learn more about these seven themes here. We hope you will join us on the work to create a more just world.
Cathedral's Commitment to Justice
We stand against racism. We are pro-life in every sense of the word, caring for people from 'womb to tomb.'
We are actively working towards justice in the following areas, knowing that we have more work to do. We hope to expand our efforts in time.
Other areas of social justice we encourage you to explore:
- Environmental Justice (learn, reflect, act)
- Immigration (learn, reflect, act)
- Peacemaking and Non-violence (learn, reflect, act)
We'd love to stay connected with you.